iDocQ is the annual doctoral colloquium for students studying for PhDs in Information Science and other related disciplines. The conference is organised by a committee of students undertaking PhD’s funded by the Economic and Social Research Council, delivered through the Scottish Graduate School of Social Sciences (currently the ESRC-funded Information Science Pathway). The four institutions involved are Edinburgh Napier University, The University of Strathclyde, The University of Glasgow and Robert Gordon University. This year, one student form each institution is part of the student committee.
This year, iDocQ will be held at The University of Strathclyde on June 23rd 2016.
Now in its sixth year, the iDocQ programme for 2016 includes:
- a keynote presentation from an information science specialist on career pathways and current research
- break-out sessions on choosing the right methodology, how to gain research impact, publishing and its benefits and how to maintain good time management within the PhD process
- opportunities for delegates to present their own research in 20×20 (PechaKucha 20×20) format
- a question and answer session from a panel of experts
Registration for iDocQ is open to all students studying for a PhD in Information Science or related discipline (regardless of their home institution). Registration is FREE to for all students based in Scotland and the website gives information on who to contact if you are based outside of Scotland but still wish to attend.
Delegates are asked to register no later than 5pm Friday June 10th.
This is a great training and development opportunity for delegates to present their own work (through a 20×20 presentation style format) as well as meet peers from other institutions.
Please see the ‘Call for Papers’ section on the iDocQ 2016 website for more information on what is expected and important submission requirements.
If you would like to submit a presentation, please submit your abstract (around 250 words) and keywords via email to email@example.com. Once delegates are notified of acceptance, submission of the full 20×20 presentation must be made through EasyChair by following this link to the submission website (new users will have to register first).
There will also be a prize for the best presentation.
Some important dates:
- Abstract submission deadline: Friday May 13th 2016.
- Notification of acceptance: Friday May 20th 2016.
- Full presentation deadline: Friday June 10th 2016.
- Registration deadline Friday 10th June 2016.
For more information on iDocQ 2016, the iDocQ website is a great place to start. Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the student representatives will answer any queries you have. You can also follow iDocQ 2016 on twitter at @iDocQ.
We look forward to welcoming you all to the event.